BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Business Analyst 2
Contract To Hire
Business Systems Analyst is responsible for application systems analysis and configuration work. The Systems Analyst creates system specifications to meet business requirements. This position reports to Application Development Manager or Sr. Application Development Manager. Candidates will be a part of the application development team for any internal or external application development projects.
Participates as member of the application development team providing systems analysis responsibilities. Plans, conducts, and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems/applications. Partners with users, customers and/or other analysts to identify, evaluate and develop applications and procedures/scripts that test the application to ensure they meet user requirements. May plan and execute unit, integration, functional and acceptance testing with strict adherence to the SDLC.
Assist with operational and production support for applications with strict adherence to customer SLAs.
Ability to take direction from senior members; participate in QA, application and peer code reviews.
Whenever applicable, work with assigned project manager to assist him/her on project planning and status reporting. Identify and communicate any appropriate project risks through appropriate channel.
Understand business requirements for system support and translate them into appropriate systems/application design needs.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
• 1 - 3 years of Oracle relational database concepts and SQL.
• 1 - 3 years experience with designing and building system solutions and business applications.
• 1 - 3 years of business requirements management and transcribing requirements into system specifications.
• Familiarity with reading Entity Relationships Diagrams.
• Understanding of data analysis and modeling concepts.
• Understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process for developing business software solutions.
• Understanding of Agile, UML, or Rational Unified Process methodology
• Understanding of software application configuration and setup
• Good interpersonal, facilitation, and organizational skills.
• Must be a detail oriented and have analytical.
• Exercise good judgment within defined standards and guidelines in ambiguous situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a medium and large team environment, multi-task to meet critical deliverable dates and strive for results.
• Working knowledge of MS Windows Office Product Suite.
• Healthcare background knowledge.
• Experience utilizing Use Case Methodology and/or other CASE tools.
• Familiarity with Java, or HTML programming languages.
• Familiarity Object Oriented Programming. (OOP) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
• Familiarity with Business Process Engineering
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which
the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.