The successful candidate will be a Systems Analyst who has worked as an Application SME, performed Application Support and worked Production Incidents. They will have skill to do basic SQL queries, review application logs, understand the development lifecycle and have a basic understanding of an application environment. They will be asked to manage Incidents and facilitate an Incident Bridge everaging SME knowledge to work efficiently.
They will need to have advanced communication skills tomanage incidents in crisis mode.
This Back Office Analyst will work in the Back Office team performing functions as listed for the Positive Train Control (PTC) Implementation
• Field Testing Defect Analyst
• Production Incident Analyst, Queue Management
• Problem Management/Problem Resolution
• Simple Configuration Updates/Configuration Audits
• Facilitation of Incidents/Working Bridge
• 3+ years’ work experience as a Systems Analyst, Incident or Problem Analyst working in a
Technical Support Center environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information System or equivalent
• Experience using Service Now, Remedy, Service Desk, HP ALM or a similar tool
• Proficiency in English
• Intermediate skill in standard desktop tools including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Previous Incident facilitation skills or similar experience
Preferred Experience Information:
• ITIL Certification in the area of incident, problem and change
• Understanding of the company or other Railroad Operational Processes as it relates to Locomotive, Signal and Communication processes.
• Facilitate groups of subject matter experts and fix agents in the Back Office, and others as needed, through troubleshooting activities as they arise
• Ability to understand functions and analyze multiple system workflows to determine potential causes for failure
• Ability to self-direct to highest priority
• Perform follow-up on incident status and resolution activity; determine root cause
• Support meeting FRA reporting guidelines for PTC incidents as needed
• Competent working in and around Service Now, Service Desk, HP ALM or a similar tool
• Deductive reasoning and Problem Solving
• Effective written communication in problem management write-up and/or documentation for knowledge management
• Command and Control presence while managing critical incidents
• Ability to challenge information if the response does not fit the situation
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, professionally manage time while meeting deadlines in a fast paced, high volume environment
• Exhibit exemplary customer service skills when working across diverse organizations including internal, Field, Vendor and positions of authority
• Concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of Knowledge Management Systems and/or SharePoint
• Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• Learn to be an Application Subject Matter Expert for a suite of applications that enables the ability to:
o Work Incident/Problem Management queue supporting Lab Integrated End to End Testing
o Work Incident/Problem Management queue supporting Field Testing
o Tier 2 Incident/Problem Management support for Production ready subdivisions
o Tier 3 Problem Management support for Production ready subdivisions
o Identify Root Cause Analysis for incidents & provide remediation plan to functional teams
o Facilitate a Priority 1 Incident that may include communication among the Managers, Directors and VPs.
• Use clear, concise and factual business and technical communications on incident status
• Create/Update system documentation, troubleshooting guides, and other key documentation to aid in more efficient future resolution
• Manages incident activity to ensure all tickets are being worked within SLA, while maintaining
SLA response time; maintain ticket related data;
• Develop and produce metrics reports on application performance and SLAs, Compile data required to support the reporting of a PTC Event for inclusion in the filings to the FRA
• Identify Root Cause Analysis for incidents & provide remediation plan to functional teams
• Provide input on the effectiveness of incident management making recommendations for improvement
• Responsible for learning PTC capabilities, key technologies used and basic infrastructure used.
• Miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
• Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours will include a nonstandard workweek.