BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
COORD-OPERATIONS - II
Overview & Description
The Content Specialist for Video Content Operations is a member of 12 hour x 7 day per week, content operations team. The key responsibilities include end to end digital content ingest activities to ensure media asset file elements are received, assembled, and submitted for processing to meet customer deadlines in support of Verizons growing multi-screen Video-On-Demand content library.
The essential core functions of this Operations role require the Content Specialist to work onsite. This role interfaces regularly with content providers and other Verizon Content Operations teams. In addition, this position is responsible for troubleshooting, error resolution efforts and publish verification of customer QOE. It is required that this position is available to colleagues and management for questions when needed.
• Manage incoming content deliveries from studios and providers
• Ensuring all content packages elements are present; working with providers to obtain missing elements
• Obtaining metadata files and artwork from studio's affiliate sites when needed; resizing artwork, entering metadata into packagers
• Set up, operate and test a wide variety of video, audio and metadata applications running on both hardware and software
• Test, trouble-shoot and provide overall Quality Control operations for content and metadata
• Identify, prioritize, resolve, document and communicate both technical and operational issues without micro-management
• Utilize specialized content monitoring tools to evaluate and diagnose problems with content related to video, audio and technical composition
• Provide thorough, detailed, clear and concise written documentation
• Perform visual QA of transcoded files prior to publication
• Work independently to develop and maintain positive working relationships with content providers, including providing timely solutions to inquiries
• Interface regularly with VOD traffic team and other internal customer teams to track content propagation status and provide feedback to providers
• Ensure content license start dates are tracked and met
• Package content for a growing volume of regional/nationwide, subscription, and transactional, advertising, and sports programmers
• Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings by sharing information about projects you are working on, errors experienced, solutions discovered, accomplishments and/or goals for the near future.
• Adhere to existing content operations procedures
• Provide input to customer reports
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of broadcast/digital media industry experience
• Experience with post production services, file standards and emerging technologies
• Ability to work effectively under deadlines and pressure and manage changing priorities
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
• Strong customer focus and attention to detail
• Strong team player with a positive attitude
Desired Skills & Experience
• Working knowledge of CableLabs VOD standards
• Exposure to video ingest and publishing systems
• Content programmer experience
• 5+ years in content management; industry knowledge a plus
• Strong organizational skills
• Candidate must be a self-starter and be able to prioritize work efforts and deliver results on schedule.
Time Reporter Type: Time Reporter Type Summary
Is the Candidate Pre-Identified?: Is the Candidate Pre-Identified?
Does this position require driving on behalf of Verizon?: Does this position require driving on behalf of Verizon? No
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which
the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.