BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Production Controller Description
Production Control and Scheduling, Migration Services provides technical services to the global Phillips66 enterprise community. This team primarily supports scheduling and monitoring of production batch jobs on Unix and Windows servers throughout Phillips66. Production Control also services as a backup to the ServiceDesk with shared responsibilities. Production Control is staffed 7x24x365 and could be subject to varied schedules.
Responsibilities may include:
The Production Controller may be responsible for:
• Production Control monitors batch job execution using BMC's Control-M software. When batch jobs fail, the Production Controller initially investigates the cause and then notifies the appropriate programmer/analyst per callout instructions. Production Controllers also receive special requests (""manuals"") from programmer/analysts to run, delete, or rerun batch jobs. They also proactively monitor the production environment and notify the appropriate support staff and customers when problems arise that might adversely impact completion of that day's scheduled jobs.
• Field incoming incident or service requests from internal customers via telephone, web and e-mail in a courteous manner.
• Build rapport and elicit incident details from service desk customers to record incidents – document all pertinent end customer identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
• Classify, prioritize and escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced analysts, Lead Analyst or other IT Groups.
• Utilize knowledge bases, policy manuals, frequently asked questions resources and other reference materials to aid in problem resolution.
• Perform fixes at the desktop level using remote tools which will include installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
• Perform post-resolution follow-ups to incident requests for customer satisfaction.
• Manage individual and/or group network and system access.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to perform shift work and/or a variable work schedule.
• Must be customer oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have a working knowledge of basic PC skills (email, word processing, spreadsheets)
• Must be extremely detail oriented
• Self-directed, self-starting and capable of independent problem solving
• Ability to work with all support levels in an organization and in teams
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze problems
• Ability to follow written procedures and security guidelines.
• Ability to multi-task and work well in a crisis mode
• Strong time management/organization skills
• Ability to handle high volume work load, tight deadlines, and time restraints
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• 1+ year(s) experience in a Help Desk and/or Call Center environment.
• Strong knowledge of MSOffice suites and Windows Operating Systems.
• Previous experience with Control-M software
• 2+ years of experience in a Help Desk and/or Call Center environment.
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which
the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.