Analyst, Enterprise Technical Support - United States
Provide support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sopshisticated in nature. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems for customer. Represents the company to the customer ensuring the customer is satisfied. Responsible for providing telephone, email, chat and remote diagnostic technical support of servers, storage, switches, routers, blades and various software applications (Windows, VMWare, Exchange, Oracle, Netware, etc.). Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage of assigned products. Verifies warranty entitlement and determines appropriate action. Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures. Documents problems in the support solution database for diagnostics and solution implementation. Provides basic remote deployment, maintenance and consulting services. Principal responsibilities include:
- Excels at recognizing internal and external customers needs and expectations
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools, content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to resolve issues
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment
- Assumes complete ownership of customer issue until resolved involving multiple inbound and outbound communications; owns the issue and engages/collaborates with multiple resources
- May triage unresolved software issues according to department procedures and answer technical questions, resolve or escalate problems
- After training/learning period, manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and sometimes will include negotiating and setting expectations with customers
- Maintains/builds relationships with other groups that impact the technical aspect for support services (e.g. tool content teams, product group)
The candidate will be responsible for performing remote-based software upgrades for customer owned Dell EMC storage systems installed globally. As part of the upgrade process, the candidate will also verify the configuration and health of the installed product solution prior to performing the software upgrade and complete post-upgrade follow-up tasks to ensure the system is returned to a fully operational state. In addition, the candidate will be involved with scheduling and project management activities.
Our goal is to build strong relationships with our customers by meeting or exceeding their expectations with an attitude of ownership, accountability, and sense of urgency. In this role the candidate will be responsible for maintaining excellent customer satisfaction by providing world class customer support, documentation of software upgrade related activities, expanding knowledge of assigned product lines, and utilization of standard tools & procedures are essential components of the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: • Associates or Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline and up to 2 years of relevant work experience or 5+ years equivalent work experience • Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience in implementation/upgrade projects, including software support and systems administration
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Good customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal • Ability to work independently and with a strong sense of urgency, manage priorities, and follow through on issues until closure • Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately • Trustworthy and able to work honestly with little or no supervision • Strong troubleshooting skills • Must be able to manage multiple time bound activities at one time • Have a high level understanding of relational and hierarchal, design, file system organization, and indexing of databases • Working knowledge of Networking to include TCP/IP, Ethernet, addressing, mapping, flow control, naming, routing/traffic, and management • Understanding of computer systems (CPU, memory, buses, I/O, device drivers, buffering, job scheduling, virtual memory, file systems and file systems structure) in general • Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook • Must be proficient with using remote based access tools such as WebEx • Must be able to use Unix based text editors, as well as edit Bash and Perl scripts • Experience as a Unix, Linux or Windows system administrator is highly desirable • Experience administering LDAP, Active Directory, or NIS authentication is highly desirable
PREFFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Proficient second language is a plus (Spoken & Written), Portuguese, Spanish, German, French, Italian or other • Red Hat Certified Engineer or Equivalent Experience • Other Unix, Windows OS, or IT related certifications • CCNE certification or Equivalent Networking Experience • Microsoft certified engineer certification • Understanding of the storage industry, such as storage management, storage architecture and business continuity