ROW (Right-Of-Way) Agent - III
Seeking Right of Way Engineer in Irving, TX.
This job position will perform assignments of varied responsibility, scope and complexity. Day to day work can be comprised of acquisition/management of various right of way agreements and support, as an escalation resource for Outside Plant Construction as well as ongoing management of existing routes/sites, including the protection of established rights.
Responsible management of all franchise type agreements allowing the company to utilize public rights of way for the installation, and operation of fiber network; working with Legal, Regulatory, Tax, Risk Management and Government Affairs on local, state, and federal legislation impacting right of way use.
Manages, coordinates and negotiates Structure Access Agreements regarding usage of available space upon poles or within underground conduit of an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC) or power company or other agency.
Document research of company rights and negotiation of reimbursement agreements with private companies, Local/State/Federal agencies, and other providers associated with facility relocations.
Manages, coordinates and negotiates Rail Crossing Agreements associated with fiber installation projects.
Acquisition, negotiation, documentation and recordation of private easements.
Management and coordination or Bonds, Certificates or Insurance and Letters of Credit required for the installation of fiber optic network.
Management of existing right of way agreements including but not limited to agreement renewal, term enforcement, and payment authorization. SAP or other related accounting software experience is a plus.
Candidate should have telecommunications industry experience. Requires a broad range of skills within a professional discipline to effectively perform complex assignments; demands familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
• An Associate's degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years professional experience
• 4+ years of relevant experience
• 2+ years in Telecom fiber installation
• Strong understanding of federal, state, and local laws, and other regulations regarding a telecommunications providers use of municipal rights of way.
• Ability to understand complex business plans and to successfully negotiate contract terms and conditions to meet company objectives.
• Ability to compare competitor agreements, note variations, and negotiate for equitable treatment in agreements.
• Experience with local government franchise ordinance approval process including document preparation, workshops, and city council public hearing process.
• Ability to represent client at city council or county commission meetings in a professional and persuasive manner to effectively communicate company objectives.
• Familiar with utility construction permit application process at the municipal (city/county) level, as well as, other regulatory agencies such as DOT, railroads, state land departments, and forest services.
• Familiar with structure access request process allowed under the Telecom Act whereby a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) applies to lease available space upon poles or within underground conduit of an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC) or power company.
• Experience negotiating for easements on private property, including easement document preparation, professional survey review, and land value assessment and negotiation.
• General familiarity with telecom outside plant construction terminology and techniques including facility locates, pole attachments, engineering plans, facility relocation, and directional drilling.
• General familiarity utility facility relocation reimbursement agreement process with strong negotiation skills.
• Familiarity with certificates of insurance, surety bonds, and letters of credit.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Google Earth and Adobe Professional and willingness to learn new applications.
• Proficient with the usage of attribute queries to select records from a database.
• SAP experience a plus.
• Legal experience a plus.