BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Engineering Technician Senior
Engineering Technician will perform in house EMC and safety testing utilizing the company's internal compliance labs. The technician will also work with the development engineers run tests and troubleshoot issues that arise during testing. Some soldering and mechanical work is required. The technician will also disassemble and assemble printers as needed.
• BSEET and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in military/commercial EMC testing.
• Working knowledge of grounding and shielding for control of EMI.
• Familiarity with test receivers, spectrum analyzers, amplifiers, antennas, transient generators, current probes, oscopes, RF couplers, signal generators, power meters and ESD generators required..
• Must have the ability to interface with all levels of personnel and present information in a clear and concise manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in multidisciplinary team environment is required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel a must
• Familiarity with Agilent and R&S EMC Analyzer or equivalent spectrum analyzer, LabView, Visio desired
• proficient at soldering at the PCBA level
• Must be mechanically inclined and have experience building and or repairing mechanical assemblies.
• Set up company products for EMC and Safety tests.
• Operate lab test equipment.
• Read and correctly interpret test plans, procedures, work instructions, etc.
• Perform EMC and Safety testing within the prescribed schedules.
• Maintain records and other supporting electronic documentation.
• Communication of results in verbal and written media.
• Maintain test schedules.
• Documenting all testing including taking photographs of all test setups.
• Development of data sheets for all testing completed.
• Supporting, troubleshooting and investigation of any EMI and Safety out of spec conditions.
• Performing calibrations/system checks on test equipment used for EMI and Safety testing.
• Maintaining calibration of all test equipment used by the labs.
• Work with the engineering teams on assigned programs
• Prepare test samples per engineering instructions as assigned.
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which
the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.