BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Customer Support Engineer
GDH Consulting is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to work onsite in Raleigh, NC.
Role & Responsibilities
Customer Support Engineer position for the SAN team having the following responsibilities:
- New Team members are trained in Data Center Switching products and technologies
- Using on the job training, team members provide second/third level technical support for MDS product line, FC/FCoE technologies on Nexus switches, DCNM and IBM legacy features
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity
- Effectively utilizes moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems
- Submits complete and correct Defect reports in area of expertise
- Acts as a technical expert and provides support on a world-wide basis Interacts across TAC teams and development teams at peer level
- Bachelor's or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in job offered or related occupation OR Master's or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 1 year of progressive experience in job offered or related occupation.
- Experience or Certifications in one or more of the following is preferred- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- Prior customer support experience is preferred.
The successful candidate should have the following experience, skills and capabilities:
- Team player who wants to be part of a fun, fast moving organization
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Networking, products and protocols
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Able to determine problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated networking experience including TCP/IP, Fibre Channel, and FCoE Protocols.
- Troubleshooting experience using sniffer or other protocol analyzer.
Will be required to perform Advanced Troubleshooting of Storage Network Solutions consisting of the following:
- Cisco MDS Family of Fibre Channel Switches
- Windows, VM, and Unix based operating systems.
- Storage architectures, Fibre Channel, FCoE, SCSI, iSCSI, FICON
- Designs and implementations for integrated network and storage solutions
- Fibre channel storage area network architectures
- Multi-vendor platform and interconnect component interoperability
- IBM DLSW and SNA protocols
- DCNM application
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which
the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.