This position assumes a lead role in the deployment, design, installation,
configuration, and maintenance of infrastructure applications and servers
pertaining to the UNIX operating system.
• Leads the
installation, upgrade and configuration of infrastructure systems and
• Monitors and tests infrastructure systems in an
effort to predict potential points of failure, implementing solutions when
• Develops and maintains infrastructure applications and
system configuration documentation.
• Provides technical support and
guidance for systems-related issues. Uses knowledge and experience to resolve
problems. Ensures timely resolution of problems.
• Supports backup
and recovery systems and processes as directed by organization and IT standards
• Supports SAN infrastructure and all
• Supports disaster recovery processes and
• Provides leadership for the Technical Services team,
o Identifies appropriate approaches to departmental
o Assesses Technical Services for compliance with organization
and IT standards and policies (for example backup and recovery procedures, data
security, etc.). Ensures timely resolution to problems. Recommends and plans
for system upgrades and improvements.
• Understands and considers standard concepts, best practices and procedures
related to system administration.
• Working knowledge of multiple
UNIX operating systems with expertise in at least one operating
• Working knowledge of SAN technologies and disaster
• Working knowledge of business goals, corporate IT
standards, strategy and service level agreements.
effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and
• Establishes cooperative relationships with other
• Effective project team member, at times assuming
leadership role for the project.
• Searches for and identifies
alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical problems.
planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on
• Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
- Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing
Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 4
years of systems administration experience OR 6 years of
systems administration experience
Environmental Experience -
i. Experience in on or more of following is preferred:
a. Understanding of Software Installations
b. Code migrations
c. Environment managements on complex projects
d. Oracle Utilities Application Framework and data model
Scripting experience (Linux Shell, Perl, WLST, Ant, PL/SQL)