BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Software Systems Engineer - IV - NJ
This position is to work on a rotational production support shift schedule within Middleware/Infrastructure team to support intranet / internet facing Java / J2EE applications. The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of middleware production support experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server monitoring and administration.
- Provide shift support for Production and non-production application environments on a rotational shift schedule. Monitoring of critical systems / systems proce80000es and problem resolution /escalations of application, data networking and system management i80000ues. Perform Fault/Trouble management via internal ticketing system and opening IBM PMRs (as needed).
- Use the application monitoring tools - CA Wily Introscope, Wily CEM, Dynatrace and scripted alerts, to perform problem investigation and resolution in coordination with the application operational and system support teams.
- Perform daily application healthchecks for CPU Utilization, Memory Heap Utilization, Thread usage, response times, and transaction counts.
- Review current Wily alerts and custom scripts and look for opportunities to perform enhancements to ensure effective alerting for 24x7 uptime for all services.
- Installation, configuration and administration of application servers and Webservers that host intranet / internet facing Java / J2EE applications Server setup and mgmt, Infrastructure and Environment migrations.
- Create and maintain support documentation for shift support personnel to monitor and troubleshoot production i80000ues.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems and at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- 2+ years of middleware production support experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server and MQ monitoring and administration.
- Good knowledge of monitoring tools such as CA Wily Introscope, Wily CEM, Dynatrace and scripted alerts.
- Experience with administering, configuring IBM WebSphere Extreme Scale (WXS) and/or IBM Websphere DataPower administration is a plus.
- Experience in AWS, Je60000ins, Ansible, WSADMIN, Jython and UNIX shell scripting is a plus.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills. Work closely with Dev, QA and production support team members to align and orchestrate resolutions on open i80000ues/defects.
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which
the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.